LaParola has a few characteristics that few or no others program have, that may make it worth trying.
• Not only is it free, but it is open source and the file format is open (see the help file), making it easier for others to help develop it.
• There are four different Greek texts of the New Testament, as well as a listing of the manuscript support for all the major variants (useful for textual criticism).
• It automatically updates itself and its components, and finds new components that can be installed.
• It can import ThML, OSIS, Zefania and e-Sword files. That means for example that there are over 800 files at the Christian Classics Ethereal Library that can be imported into the program.
• It can perform searches in the Bible not only for words, but also for all forms of the same word. So for example you can search for "love" if you want to, but also for all the forms of that word: love, loved, loves, loving, etcetera. Not just in English, but also in other languages.
• Links to external sites give extra information on Bible verses or words, for example extra Bible translations, readings in manuscripts like Aleppo, Sinaiticus and Bezae, sermons, definitions and Internet searches of words.
• You can create personal bookmarks, external links, parallel passages and daily reading schemes, and distribute them to others.
• You can create personal notes on verses and themes, which are automatically fully searchable just like the components distributed along with the program.
• The program can create a concordance of any passage of any Bible or collection of notes.
• The program can look up all the installed resources (Bibles, notes, pictures, parallel passages, external links,...) to find all the information in the program on a certain passage or word.
• The same program and data files work in both Windows and Linux.
In fact the downloaded file contains only one Bible translation (the American Standard Version). The program, if you are connected to Internet, will list many others; you just have to select which ones you want and they will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Programs similar to LaParola
Zekr is an open source Quran study software project to ease everyone's access to the Holy Quran. It is written in the hope that would bring Quran to every muslim's desktop.
|File size: 8.2Mb||License: Freeware||Details|
|Free Audio Bible||December 14, 2008|
Free audio bible in mp3 format. Burn to a cd or load onto iPod/MP3 player.
|File size: 0.01Mb||License: Freeware||Details|
|MB Tibetan Astrology||January 02, 2010|
This is a Tibetan Astrology Sign interpretation software.
|File size: 1.48Mb||License: Freeware||Details|
|The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the P||June 06, 2009|
1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons: 1:2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 1:3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 1:4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, 1:5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath...
|File size: 0Mb||License: Freeware||Details|
|MB Astrology Kundali Match||December 17, 2009|
This is an effective and an advanced Vedic astrological match making tool.
|File size: 1.92Mb||License: Freeware||Details|
|Church Scheduler||April 25, 2016|
A church database program to help churches track members, pledges and payments.
|File size: 10.57Mb||License: Shareware||Details|
|Advanced Bible Decoder Pro||June 22, 2008|
ABD bible code software provides best tools and quality matrices results...
|File size: 3.30Mb||License: Demo||Details|
|Holy Quran Malayalam English Translation||September 27, 2007|
First ever Quran Software in Indian Languages
|File size: 12.4Mb||License: Commercial||Details|
|The Gospel According to Saint John||May 11, 2009|
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God. 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
|File size: 0.1Mb||License: Freeware||Details|
|The Second Book of Moses: Called Exodus||May 11, 2009|
1:1 Now these are the names of the children of Israel, which came into Egypt; every man and his household came with Jacob. 1:2 Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah, 1:3 Issachar, Zebulun, and Benjamin, 1:4 Dan, and Naphtali, Gad, and Asher. 1:5 And all the souls that came out of the loins of Jacob were seventy souls: for Joseph was in Egypt already. 1:6 And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation. 1:7 And the children of Israel were fruitful, ...
|File size: 0.1Mb||License: Freeware||Details|
Koran, church scheduling, christianity, church management, free bible software, bible software, Quran translation, religion, Listen to Quran MP3, Kerala, ministers, usher, India, free tibet astrology, Islam, pastor, worship, lector, church volunteer, Quran Text, kjv